Memo to the SGM Board:
I’ve come up with a great idea! Surely inspired by the Holy Spirit. I am going to do my own three panel investigation of C.J. Certainly you’ll support this endeavor since you believe so strongly in the Golden Rule – at least for him. “So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets.” (Matthew 7:12)
Here’s how my twelve step program will work. Try it on for size.
- Three people will serve on each panel.
- I will pick those people.
- Jim from SGM Refuge will be on one panel.
- Kris and Guy from SGM Survivors will be on the other two panels.
- Six additional people will fill out the panels that are known opponents of C.J. or at least have concerns for him.
- I’ll call 18 witnesses against C.J. but won’t tell him who they are. These witnesses need not have any integrity and can be proven liars.
- Their testimony will be solicited behind closed doors and I won’t let C.J. know what they say against him or give him opportunity to cross examine them.
- I won’t allow C.J. to pick any witnesses who can testify on his behalf and I will limit his participation to one of the three hearings.
- I’ll restrict the hearings to very narrow questions but inform C.J. when he arrives at is hearing that he can share anything to make sure he is unprepared.
- This panel won’t include in its report anything C.J. says or evidence he presents but people will never know because I won’t allow him to record the session.
- I’ll have a trial lawyer validate this process so people think it is legitimate.
- When the reports come out I’ll send C.J. this Scripture. Matthew 5:11 “Blessed are you when people insult you, persecute you and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of me.”
Lastly, I want to express my agreement with the following email that was sent to you this morning. It is used with permission. Try Jeremiah 9:4-9 on for size. You’ll discover a perfect fit. God will continue to punish SGM and avenge himself. People, pastors and churches will leave and stop giving money to the ministry. A split will ensue. Those with discernment, integrity and courage will leave. Idolators will stay.
From: Nat W. Clerk
Sent: Wednesday, January 25, 2012 9:11 PM
To: C.J. Mahaney; Dave Harvey; Craig Cabinass; Mickey Connolly; Rick Gamache; Pete Greasley; JohnLoftness; Mark Prater; Jeff Purswell; Aron Osborne; Steve Shank; Bob Kauflin; Joshua Harris
Cc: Bryce Thomas; Brent Detwiler; email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com
Subject: An announcement regarding C.J. Mahaney
The words disappointing, disheartening, and discouraging can only begin to describe the feelings that many people have, regarding these announcements:
SGM Plant & Build Blog: An announcement regarding C.J. Mahaney
C.J.M.’s View From the Cheap Seats: A note to those in Sovereign Grace Ministries
Jeremiah 9:4-9 [ESV]
 Let everyone beware of his neighbor, and put no trust in any brother, for every brother is a deceiver, and every neighbor goes about as a slanderer.  Everyone deceives his neighbor, and no one speaks the truth; they have taught their tongue to speak lies; they weary themselves committing iniquity.  Heaping oppression upon oppression, and deceit upon deceit, they refuse to know me, declares the LORD.  Therefore thus says the LORD of hosts: “Behold, I will refine them and test them, for what else can I do, because of my people?  Their tongue is a deadly arrow; it speaks deceitfully;with his mouth each speaks peace to his neighbor, but in his heart he plans an ambush for him.  Shall I not punish them for these things? declares the LORD, and shall I not avenge myself on a nation such as this?”
It [punishment] has only begun.